Identify the Feature
Looking to elevate your Mac experience? Unlock the full potential of your device by mastering the art of customizing mouse and trackpad settings.
How to connect an external trackpad or mouse
To connect a Bluetooth device to your Mac, first ensure the device is in pairing mode. Open System Settings, click on the Bluetooth icon, and enable Bluetooth if necessary. Your Mac will scan for available devices, and once the device appears, select it and follow any on-screen instructions to complete the pairing process. Once paired, the device will show as “Connected” in the Bluetooth preferences. Test the connection to ensure it functions properly, and you’re ready to enjoy the convenience of your newly connected Bluetooth device with your Mac.
How to personalize, configure and customize your mouse and trackpad.
- Open the Apple menu and select “System Settings.”
2. Click on “Mouse” or “Trackpad” option, depending on which device are you using. To access this setting you will have to scroll down on the left-side panel in the System Settings.
3. Adjust tracking speed: Modify the cursor’s speed by moving the tracking slider.
4. Enable secondary click: Choose left or right-handed use and select your preferred secondary click option.
5. Customize button assignments: Reassign mouse buttons to perform specific functions tailored to your needs.
6. Fine-tune scrolling behavior: Customize scrolling speed and direction to match your preference.